Other Pretty things

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Fashion Journal

Looking at the graduates last year and students that have inspired me, and now the time for me to put a print on the fashion world has come, to inspire someone, somewhere would be a great achievement for me, so the next posts are going to be about my work where it is going and how I have been inspired by different artist, designers and anything else.

The summer went quick, and I have been looking closely at rocks and water, about erosion, weathering, the shapes that are created and how the water has changed the environment we live in, how this is so calming to look at but it is so destructive.

Here are some images I took in Wales

It is here where I sat and thought about how I could translate maybe feelings, shape, texture, or destruction into my garments, that I wanted to design.

From concept to design, it is a hard process as my idea relates hardly to fashion, a designer that has always inspired me for this is Hussein Chalayan and his blurred lines between art and fashion. He designs from concept to garment is a follow through of his desirable work ethic, he never fails to amaze me. 

So this is the start a little idea to spark my fashion career

No comments:

Post a Comment