Other Pretty things

Monday 7 February 2011

Fabrication, Shape and being lost again

Long winded thinking....
Fabric are one of the most important stages in a designers collection, picking the right fabrics to convey the right concept and message, but how?
Shape, Why have you chosen that shape or are you just creating it without knowing?

Two important question I need to asnwer Some how.
Talking to people in my class today, what do they think there shape is inspired from, how did they get there, helped me a little even though it was difficult themselves to answer.

Trying to asnwer this question, I understood that the process from pattern cutting to the stand is where the shape takes place for me, getting inspired from commes des garcon and japanese pattern cutting, I have come to learn that the inspiration is the idea that the shape in the garment changes from person to person, and this shape creates an organic shape, a shape that can be change organically without me minulating pattern or styling of the garment, This idea relates to the erosion of rocks ad this natural process that takes place whcih changes the shape of the rocks.

I could look at other garments in my collection and re-design them looking and targetting more the customer, and where I see my collection, but this I think will bring to colliding concepts and make a very unconvincing line up. 
Fabric, Fabrication, Fooobracccc Fiiibroooccc

Looking at reels, strands, stools and rolls of fabric i just cant seem to find the one that says work wear, arty, sophisticated, texture and ideas.

Back into those shops, back to the research, flicking through my fabric book.


No comments:

Post a Comment